Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Probably a stupid question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Iciclethief's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2004
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm new to Super 8 filmmaking, and just want to ask what're probably a very foolish couple of questions. I have shot a load a of negative film and am trying to get hold of a projector. Can I just project this film once it has been processed? With reversal film, is there a second process it has to go through to be ready for projection? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Negative film these days is mostly used for telecine, and athough I'm not aware with any problem with projecting it, it will not look nice up on the screen. (..or it may if you're after that kind of look!)

    There is a new service available through Andec to print negatives to positives for projection, but that's another step.

    Reversal film is intended for projection, and as long as it's exposed and processed properly, will look fine up on the screen.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member FastFilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I second what BolexPlusx said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •